PowerCable MQTT (MQTT-flex)Code: 8594185580461
Product detailed description
Its web interface and open API can be used to display the energy metering values (A, V, W, TPF, kWh, Hz, °) and turn on/off the controlled output power socket.
PowerCable MQTT can be connected to any MQTT broker (LAN / internet) or online service, allowing to provide a “smart WiFi power socket” as a power metering and control service. With MQTT-flex, the structure of the MQTT communication can be customized.
The device is ready for NFC-preconfig for easy configuration of the WiFi SSID and other parameters.
PowerCable MQTT supports cloud protocols that automatically connect from the internal network to a portal (online service). The smart WiFi socket supports 3 cloud protocols: Http(s) push JSON/XML or MQTT.
MQTT also includes SSL encryption support.
The MQTT protocol can be configured in detail thanks to the MQTT-flex extension. In the MQTT-flex configuration, the user can define the MQTT message structure (Topic / Payload) as well as the conditions for sending individual messages (periodically, when a value changes by more than x, and so on).
The PowerCable metered power socket connects to the network over WiFi (internal antenna). The NETIO WiFi Reconnect feature ensures stable availability of the device in an ordinary WiFi network.
- WiFi connection, Auto-Reconnect
- Cloud-oriented protocols: MQTT-flex, HTTP(s) Push XML/JSON
- NFC pre-config: Installation at customer’s premises in 60 seconds
- Electrical measurements (V, A, W, kWh, TPF, Hz, Phase), accuracy <1%
- ZCS – Zero-current switching
Integration with a cloud portal
A cloud portal sends a configuration file to the customer. The customer configures the device by uploading the file over the web interface or, when the device is powered off, over NFC. After that, PowerCable MQTT is ready to connect to the portal.
Installation at the end customer’s premises
The end customer activates the internal WiFi AP in the PowerCable, selects the network (SSID) and enters the password. Alternatively, these parameters can be uploaded using the NFC app. In no more than 60 seconds, the configuration is finished and PowerCable connects to the specified MQTT broker.
Do you need a 230V electrical socket that can be controlled and metered from a generic cloud portal? PowerCable MQTT 101x is a product for you.
The wireless WiFi socket is ideal for switching 230V electrical sockets on/off and analyzing the power parameters from a cloud. The target MQTT broker can be either in the local network or in the public internet.
The operating temperature range of NETIO PowerCable MQTT 101x is -10 to 65°C (at 65°C, the maximum current is limited to 5A).
ZCS (Zero Current Switching) support is important in situations where the output is switched on and off more often than just a few times per day. ZCS makes sure that the output relay switches when the immediate current is zero.
ZCS reduces the stress on the connected electrical appliances, increasing the lifetime in case of frequent switching of appliances with a high inrush current. High inrush current is typical for switching supplies common in IT equipment.
ZCS is suitable for all types of appliances – capacitive loads as well as inductive loads (transformers, motors).
- Current [A]
- Voltage [V]
- Consumption [kWh]
- Output power [W]
- TPF (True Power Factor)
- Frequency [Hz]
- Phase shift [-180...180°]
- Measurement accuracy: better than 1%
101x – The “x” denotes different types of plugs and sockets
PowerCable MQTT 101x is supplied in several versions depending on the electrical socket type (as used in different countries). All 101x models come with two 0.55m cables with the corresponding electrical socket and plug types.
Voltage / current
PowerCable Modbus 101F
DE – Type F Schuko
230V / 16A
PowerCable Modbus 101E
FR – Type E
230V / 16A
PowerCable Modbus 101J
CH – Type J
CH – Type J
230V / 10A
PowerCable Modbus 101S
NETIO PowerCable MQTT 101x specifications
- LAN (RJ45): No
- WiFi: Yes (internal antenna, 11 b/g/n; 2.4GHz)
- WiFi Reconnect: Yes
- Online demo: Yes
- Web: Built-in web server
- FW upgrade: Yes - web
- Mobile app: Yes (coming soon)
- Mobile app needed for installation: No
- Installation without a Cloud (internet) connection: Yes
- Works without a Cloud (internet) connection: Yes (local MQTT broker)
- Control button: Yes
- M2M API protocol 1: MQTT-flex (ssl / no-ssl)
- M2M API protocol 2: HTTP(s) Push JSON
- M2M API protocol 3: HTTP(s) Push XML
- Lua support: No
- Scheduler function: No
- IP WatchDog function: No
- Sending e-mails: No
- WiFi AP network mode support: No
- Power input: The “x” in the “101x” model number specifies the plug type
- Power output: The “x” in the “101x” model number specifies the socket type
- Available socket versions: DE, FR, CH, UK, IEC-320 C13/C14
- Internal consumption: Max 1.2 W
- Electrical measurements: Current [A] / Energy [kWh] / Input power [W] / TruePF [-] / Frequency [Hz] / Voltage [V] / Phase shift [°]
- Accuracy of electrical measurements: better than 1% (at 25°C)
- SPD – surge protection: Yes, type 3
- Switching element: relay SPST-NO, ZCS
- ZCS (Zero Current Switching): Yes
- IOC (output state independent on FW updates): Yes
- PowerUp state of the output: On / Off / LAST state
- Mechanical characteristics: Plastic housing – 180 x 40 x 30 mm + 2x 0.55m cable
- Protection: IP30
- Mechanical mounting: No
- Sound output: No
- Temperature range: -10°C to +65°C (for 65°C, max. current is 5A)
For more information visit: https://www.netio-products.com/en/device/powercable-mqtt-101x
Online demo: http://pc-mqtt.netio-products.com/ (login: demo/demo)
|Category:||NETIO power sockets|
|? Protocols (M2M API):||MQTT, HTTP(s) Push - JSON, HTTP(s) Push - XML|
|? Lua programmable:||No|
|? Power measurement:||With measurement|
|? Power socket type:||DE Schuko (Type F), FR (Type E), CH (Type J), UK (Type G), C13/C14 (Type S)|